Region V - Great Lakes RHEC
To increase health equity through the elimination of health disparities and address the social determinants of health by influencing partners, leaders, and stakeholders committed to sustainable action for systems and policy changes within Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin. Vision:
A nation achieving the highest level of health for everyone by eliminating disparities and working towards health equity Priority Areas:
- Advocate for Community Health Workers’ role in reducing healthcare disparities, especially targeting sustainable financing and initiatives to engender statewide, regional and national certification or licensure.
- Identify strategies for the elimination of disparities targeting actionable, successful programs to reduce infant mortality by addressing the Social Determinants of Health (SDoH).
- Craft an internship program to engage youth and public health program students in the RHEC’s work to impart knowledge and provide leadership that supports the next generation of health equity advocates.
- States will develop work plans that complement and support the strategies posed by either their statewide Community Health Worker (CHW) association or CHW subject matter that can be subsequently linked to a regional strategy that includes sustainability initiatives or professional recognition and possible certification/licensure. Active support and member participation in the state and regional activities of the CHW association.
- State will seek to include elements of SDoH linked to infant mortality or the role of Community Health Workers in helping to reduce the disparities which incorporate SDoH.
Join the Great Lakes RHEC
if you would like to apply to become a Great Lakes RHEC member, click here
Follow the Great Lakes RHEC on social media to keep up-to-date with the latest health equity efforts in the region: